Best places to visit in India for young people
Relive Your Youth by Visiting These Attractive Places in India Apt for Youngsters
India offers a host of places to visit, which are suitable for travelers of all age groups. Our country is the land of diverse culture, practices, and lifestyle and each of the states represents the culture and lifestyle of the people inhabiting it. The unique diversity of this country attracts the global tourists, who visit this land with the desire to witness this finest amalgamation of varied culture, customs, traditions, religions, and people.
Though all the Indian states have their popular holiday destinations, which are matchless in their beauty and elegance, there are certain states in India, which are favorite tourist destinations of the youngsters. These states are – Goa, Kerala, Leh and Ladakh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, and the North Eastern ‘Seven Sisters’ States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura.
Tourists of younger age groups prefer places, which are vibrant in all respect. These states are totally different in their color and culture, yet there is some unexplainable resemblance in them, which attracts the young tourists to flock to these destinations. Let’s learn something more about the most exciting travel destinations of these states that deserve to be in the bucket list of young travelers.
1. The Glittering Goa:
This scintillating Indian state is considered as the most favorite holiday destination for the young hearts that seek fun, adventure, and excitement. If you want to party hard, Goa is the ideal destination. It hosts a number of nightclubs, discos, and various party venues, which the youngsters are extremely fond of.
Most notable tourist places to visit in Goa
Goa is famous for its beaches and dazzling nightlife. If you are holidaying in this Goa state, you cannot miss these beaches – Candolim Beach, Calangute Beach, Anjuna Beach, Palolem Beach, Colva Beach, Baga Beach, Morjim Beach,
Why not explore the unexplored?
And if you want to tour the less explored areas in Goa then you should pay a visit to the following beaches – Kakolem Beach or Tiger Beach, Butterfly Beach, Mobor Beach, Bogmalo Beach, Arambol Beach, Cola Beach, Betul Beach, Galgibaga Beach, etc. The lesser known waterfalls include – Harvalem Falls, Bamanbudo Waterfalls, etc. If you want to explore a different side of Goa, visit its forts and caves – Cabo De Rama, Sinquerim Fort, Fort Tiracol, Lamgau Caves, Arvalem Caves, Rivona Caves, etc.
2. Kerala – The Tropical Paradise:
Youth is not only associated with adventure, excitement, and fun. Many youngsters love to spend time in the serenity of nature and for this purpose, Kerala is the ideal vacationing destination. Go for a Kerala trip with your friends and behold the paradise on earth. Mentioned here are some of the most popular places in Kerala visited by the tourists – Periyar and Thekkady for their wildlife and water bodies, Fort Kochi for its synagogues and basilicas, Eravikulam National Park for its wild goats, Athirappily Falls which is the largest waterfall in Kerala, Cherai Beach for dolphin sightings, Mattupetty Dam for its scenic beauty, Edakkal Caves for the petroglyphs belonging to the Stone Age, Bekal Fort for its towers and tunnels, and much more.
Go beyond the usual
Some of the best things for the young souls to relish in Kerala are – riding on a houseboat in Alleppey, exploring and dining at the Veli Tourist Village, enjoying the Shikara rides in Alappuzha, spending hours in a tree house in Munnar, Wayanad, or Athirapally, visiting the coffee plantation in Wayanad, watching the birds in Kumarakom, jungle safari in Periyar, enjoying the crimson view of the sunset at Kovalam Beach, and a lot more.
So, if you wish to witness the splendor of nature with your eyes, then visit “God’s Own Country” this year.
3. Visit Ladakh – The “Land of High Passes”
If you are desirous of exploring an adventurous holiday destination with your friends, then Ladakh is the place to go. Leh is the largest town and the capital of Ladakh and a favorite of the global tourists. Undoubtedly, Ladakh is the destination for the bikers and backpackers. Biking, trekking, and backpacking tours in the lap of Ladakh are the best things you can ever experience. Here, we are listing some of the best places to visit in Leh and Ladakh – Nubra Valley, the Leh Royal Palace, Shanti Stupa, Pangong Tso Lake, Tso Moriri Lake, Zanskar River, Magnetic Hill, and a number of beautiful monasteries like Stok, Phyang, Basgo, Alchi, Thiksay, Spituk Gompa, Hemis, Lamayuru, Namgyal Tsemo, Likir, and many more.
Trekking in the Suru Valley and Sangam Valley, gazing at the stars in the clear night sky, camping is the rugged mountains, participating in the colorful Losar and Hemis Festivals are some marvelous activities you can do to make your Ladakh holiday happier. Don’t miss the motor ride in the Khardungla Pass, the highest motorable road in the world. And of course, taste the unique cuisine of this place.
4. Touring the Royal Land of Rajasthan:
Rajasthan is the home to the most fascinating historical places in India. Almost every corner of this state worth a visit. This regal state offers a lot of exciting activities for young people while holidaying in this kingly land. Here is the list of some of such exciting activities:
- Experience the thrill of Zip lining or flying fox.
- Hot-air balloon rides in Jaipur, Pushkar, and Ranthambore.
- Camp in the lap of Thar Desert.
- Watch the flora and fauna in a jeep safari in the wildlife sanctuaries and national parks of Ranthambore, Keoladeo, Bharatpur, and Sariska.
- Witness the vintage car rally in Jaipur.
- Go trekking in the Aravalli Range in Mount Abu.
- Book a dune bashing tour in the Thar Desert, Jaisalmer.
- Step on the Chand Baori or Abhaneri Stepwell.
- Enjoy a gratifying camel safari in Jaisalmer and Pushkar.
- Feel young while enjoying horse safari in Pushkar.
- Ride on the regally dressed elephants at Dera Amer.
- Feel the fresh breeze while boating in Pichola Lake, Fateh Sagar Lake, and Nakki Lake.
- Match your steps with the traditional Gipsy Snake Dance of the Kalbeliya Tribe.
- Add a tinge of chill to your trip by visiting the haunted Bhangarh Fort.
5. Explore the Heights in Himachal Pradesh:
The state adorned with the snowcapped mountains is a favorite travel destination for the young nature lovers. Himachal Pradesh gives you the greatest opportunity to explore the Himalayas in the best way possible. Well, if you want to gain a unique touring experience in this state, here are the things you can do:
- Experience the thrill and ecstasy of the adventure sports at Solang Valley and river rafting in Kullu.
- The Kullu Valley welcomes you for trekking and camping.
- Jakhu Hill in Shimla also serves as an ideal trekking destination.
- While in Dharamshala, you can go for a boat ride in the Dal Lake, visit the monasteries, explore the Kangra Fort, and visit the Bhagsunath Temple and the nearby waterfall.
- For the trek lovers, a long walk through the Gilbert Trail in Kasauli will be a fantastic experience.
- If you are seeking some adventure sports like paragliding in the mountain valley, Bir Billing is your place.
- Trek through the dense forests in Malana.
- Step on the Chand Baori or Abhaneri Stepwell.
- The Switzerland of India, Dalhousie offers you some amazing trekking options in Ganji Pahadi Walk, Dainkund Walk, and Bakrota Walk.
- If hiking in the midst of the jungle is what you want to do then you should visit Kasol, an ideal destination for trekkers and backpackers.
- Zip lining, rappelling, river rafting, night camping with a bonfire, jungle trekking, and bird watching – Mashobra offers all these and a lot more.
- An excursion to the tea gardens in Palampur can be truly contenting.
6. North East (Seven Sisters):
The wonderful North Eastern states of India have been attracting tourists with their mesmeric landscapes, cultural diversity, fabulous festivals, and endearing ethnicity for years. These seven states, now popularly known as the “Seven Sisters”, got this name in 1972 due to their commonness and resemblance in geographical features, culture, traditions, practices, and political scenario. Here are the most stunning places to visit in the Seven Sisters states –
- Visit the largest freshwater lake in India, the Loktak Lake, Shri Govindajee Temple, and the heritage site of Kangla Fort in Imphal, Manipur.
- Trek to the Dzuko Valley, sightsee the Shilloi Lake, and visit the Ntangki Wildlife Sanctuary in Kohima, Nagaland.
- Visit the oldest monastery in India, Tawang Monastery in Tawang, tour the Sela Pass, Nuranang Falls, and do river rafting in Siang River in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Watch the one-horned rhinos at Kaziranga National Park and tigers at Manas National Park, visit the Talatal Ghar, green tea gardens in Assam.
- A trip to the Ujjayanta Palace, Neermahal Palace, Kamalasagar, watching the wildlife at Kalapania Nature Park and Gandacherra Wildlife Sanctuary in Agartala, Tripura.
- While visiting the “Scotland of the East”, you can do boating in Umiam Lake, explore the Nokrek National Park, and relish the Tibetan cuisine in Shillong, Meghalaya. You can also explore the valleys in Cherrapunji.
- Explore the Kungawrhi National Park and enjoy the stunning beauty of the Tiau Lui River and Rih Dil Lake in Champhai, Mizoram.
- Boost the festive mood by participating in these traditional festivals – Bihu in Assam, Ziro Music Festival in Arunachal Pradesh, Moatsu Festival and Hornbill Festival in Nagaland, Ashokastami Festival in Tripura, Cheiraoba in Manipur, Chapchar Kut in Mizoram, and Ka Pomblang Nongkrem in Meghalaya.
- Complete your trip by savoring the traditional North East Indian dishes like Thukpa/Gya-Thuk, Mui Borok, Poora Haah, Koat Pitha, Pukhlein, Masor Tenga, Assam Laksa Stock, Panch Phoran Tarka, Misa Mach Poora, Sha Phaley, Apong with Bamboo Shoot Fry, etc.
Hope this information will help you in choosing the ideal holiday destinations and planning your itineraries.
I like this post, enjoyed this one thank you for posting.
This Blog was seriously amazing!!