How to make the most of your next trip to South India
There will not be any kind of overstatement if we quote South India as one of the true heavens on earth. The delightful atmosphere, pleasant climate, warm hospitality, soothing breeze, and sunny beaches are enough to mesmerize and attract more tourists to the southern states of India. Also, the spiritual marvels combined with the holy feeling make it a perfect destination for this summer.
If you have already been to South India, you must clearly understand what we are speaking about. If not, then you must plan a trip to South India. We are here to offer you fantastic travel tips or advice to put more charm to your tour to south India. Below are some of the points featuring how you could make the most of your next trip to south India.
- Kerala is truly a soulful place in the south of India, which is blessed with the most natural beauties. The wonderful landscapes, backwaters, palm trees, and various flora and fauna could be witnessed here. This ‘God’s land’ offers numerous pleasures to the tourists, such as a stay in the houseboat. One can even consider visiting the fort of Kochi, wildlife sanctuaries in Wayanad, and the fascinating beaches of Kozhikode. Once you turn exhausted after exploring these places, you could just lie down, relax and call for the pleasing ayurvedic massage. With special concoctions, oils, and many managing techniques, the professionals there are adept at offering the best experience.
- The spectacular beaches of Goa should be the next thing on your to-do list of south India. Anjuna beach is the most popular one that you must consider visiting. There are a lot of water sports that you can try on the Goan beaches. Skiing, paragliding, swimming, rafting, and many more, are the activities you can try in Goa. The mouth-watering food, stunning tattoos, and blissful chapels are the other exciting elements to experience in Goa.
- An amazing sense of spirituality could be experienced at the Madurai and Mahabalipuram temples. Mahabalipuram and Madurai are those places of south India rich in cultural heritage as they comprise holy temples, monuments, and ecstatic shrines. A lot of tourists and pilgrims visit these cities every year to get the mesmerizing spiritual feel. Performing darshan (paying visit) at the Meenakshi temple is also a heavenly experience. The St Mary Cathedral, banana wholesale market, puthu mandapam, etc., are the delightful sightseeing of Madurai where you would be able to shop and eat the delicacies of India with a traditional touch. The Somaskanda sculpture, Arjuna’s Penance, and the Varaha cave are those entities that you would get to see at Mahabalipuram. The shore temples and Panch Rathas are also the sources of ecstasies that you must not miss.
- Taking a tour to India’s tip, i.e., Kanyakumari is also one of the greatest things to do. Kanyakumari beach is particularly known to offer a delightful view of sunrise and sunset view to visitors or tourists. A temple dedicated to Lord Shiva’s consort, Bhagavathi Amman Temple, and the well-known Our Lady of Ransom Church is the places you must visit here. The Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Thirparappu Falls, and the statue of Thiruvalluvar are the other sightseeing in Kanyakumari. One thing which you must not miss by any chance is the Kumari Amman Temple. The reason behind this is, Kanyakumari’s nomenclature is based on the morals of this temple which signifies a virgin girl, as Goddess Bhagvati is in the form of a small girl child.
- If you are looking to explore India’s old ruins, then visiting Hampi and Badami of Karnataka are the places you must include in your tour. Both of the places are found to be the pillars of the Vijayanagar empire. You would get to see the famous Virupaksha temple in Hampi, which is said to be the remains of the 7th century. The Achyutaraya Temple and the Vijaya Vittala temple are the other holy fancies to see in Karnataka. Apart from the spiritual attractions, you could also think of taking a boat ride in the Tungabhadra river, popularly known for its red bedrocks. Badami features the ruins that happened in the north of Karnataka. The Badami cave temples are the site of attraction as they feature lord Vishnu, Natraj, and even feature the Jain shrine. Though they are the ruins of the past, each of the destroyed pieces here has a story to tell, which essentially depicts why they turned into ruins.
- For the hill station, feel and reach to the top of plateaus along with being connected with the lustrous landscapes, palaces, and temples; Mysore, Ooty, and Coorg are the places you must visit. Zoo, national parks, botanical gardens, boat rides in the lakes, coffee berry plantations, etc., are the elements fledged in these beautiful hill stations cum elegant modern cities.
- Encompassed with the French cafes, ancient-style churches, lavish mustard color villas, and many more, Pondicherry stands as a wonderful place in South India to stay for a weekend. The vibrant churches, lush streets, and peaceful nature are enough to get mesmerized in this place’s beauty. Auroville township, Promenade Church, and the variety of religious variations could be seen here. Satsang and bakers street, along with Cafes de Arts, are major attractions here.
Incredible South India gives you enough reasons to pay a visit here at least once in your whole life. Do not search for any other locations when your result has arrived in South India! This destination is truly bliss for the body, mind, and soul.
What do you want more? Plan your South India tour with an efficient travel agency, pack your bags and catch the soonest flight to India. Explore, absorb and carry the beautiful memories of South India along when you get back to your own country.