When we talk about spirituality, religion, and culture, the first name that comes up in our mind is India. India has a lot of pilgrimage destinations in its territory. If we are making a list of pilgrimage sites of India, then the list is incomplete without Haridwar and Rishikesh. Haridwar and Rishikesh are the two most important and famous pilgrimage sites of India where every traveler wants to go. Here in this blog, let’s figure out what you can do while visiting these beautiful and holy cities:
Haridwar – the city of Lord Shiva
Haridwar is a place that attracts tourists from all over the world. Considered to be one of the seven holy cities in India, Haridwar is located on the banks of the holy river Ganga which is located in the region Garhwal in Uttarakhand. When you visit this pilgrimage site, you will witness numerous Hindu temples, Ashram, and narrow lanes in the city.
A lot of people reach this holy city every year. It is believed that if a person takes a dip in the holy water of the river Ganga, he will be free from all his sins.
5 Best places to visit in Haridwar:
1. Ganga Aarti: Ganga Aarti is a form of worship to this holy river. According to the Hindu tradition, this river is not considered as a river only but a divine mother who gives life in the form of water.
This ceremony is done every day. Thousands of people witness this amazing ceremony. Also, people float earthen lamps in the water which is a form of devotion.
2. Chandi Devi Temple: This temple is considered to be a shaktipeeth which is located on the top of the Neel Parvat in Haridwar. Goddess Chandika Devi is worshipped in this temple. To reach this temple, you can opt for a 3 km trekking way. During your trek, you will see a lot of monkeys. Or you can use the trolley service.
3. Neel Dhara Pakshi Vihar: This place will be a utopia for you if you love watching birds. This place is located at Bhimgoda Barrage in Haridwar. This place is blessed with a wide range of wildlife. The best time to visit this place is in winter when the various species migrate to this place.
4. Chilla Wildlife Sanctuary: If you think that Haridwar will give you only spiritual experience, then I want to tell you that this city will give you some more experiences. If you are a wildlife lover and want to explore it then Chilla Wildlife Sanctuary is the best place for you.
Along with the major wildlife species, there will be chances of witnessing tiger, elephant, leopard, and bear.
5. Bara Bazar: Bara Bazar is considered to be the main market place of Haridwar. This old market offers you a lot of things like rudraksha seeds, ayurvedic products, Handcrafted items, and ornaments. If you are a food lover, then you can taste the food in the market as there are numerous shops and restaurants.
I visited this holy place many times with my family and each time the experience is different. The environment is so pure and positive that you feel very calm. The sound of the river Ganges will give a piece of calmness. So what are you waiting for? Come and explore this holy city.