10 memorable experiences awaiting you on your next India Tour
If you think that India is still a land of snake charmers, then you are highly mistaken. For those of you who have not been to India yet, you are missing out on a great number of marvels the country has to offer. From lofty, mighty mountains, rolling hills and plains filled with green vegetation, pristine waterfalls, and lakes, and the beautiful architecture of its numerous temples, monuments and heritage sites India is indeed an incredible land to visit.
Having one of the oldest civilizations in the world, India has a vast expanse of tourist destinations for you to visit where you can witness a lot of natural beauty, culture, tradition, and cuisines, full of color and enthusiasm and learn about the unique lifestyle of the people living there.
So, if you are planning on visiting India for your next vacation, here are some of the locations that can give you a lot of enriching experiences. Here are 10 memorable experiences awaiting you on your next India Tour: –
1.If you are a lover of old heritage sites, museums, and a lot of cheap shopping then you might be the perfect tour to visit Delhi. With marvelous forts like the Red Fort, the India Gate, and one of the seven wonders of the world that is the Taj Mahal, Delhi is a land of ancient buildings. And once at Delhi, do not forget to buy your essentials from the various markets that offer them at the lowest price like Chandni Chowk.
- If you are a lover of old heritage sites, museums, and a lot of cheap shopping then you might be the perfect tour to visit Delhi. With marvelous forts like the Red Fort, the India Gate, and one of the seven wonders of the world that is the Taj Mahal, Delhi is a land of ancient buildings. And once at Delhi, do not forget to buy your essentials from the various markets that offer them at the lowest price like Chandni Chowk.
- Love the yellow sand? Then Rajasthan is your ideal destination with its amazing cultural heritage, glorious ancient palaces, and mesmerizing camel rides. Yes, one of the key highlights of Rajasthan is the fun-filled camel rides that will take you on the journey of a lifetime. The Ranthambore National Park and Bhangarh Fort are also astonishing sites that can give you a glimpse of the wild forest and the haunting stories of the latter.
- Goa is another most sought-after tourist destination because of its amazing, glistening sea beaches, adorned with coconut trees all around and the thrilling sea sports you can try from snorkeling, scuba diving, and speed boat riding to name a few. If you’re not worried about coming home with tanned lines, then visiting Goa is a must. And yes, they give out motorcycles so that you can have adventurous night rides with your man!
- If you are a religious person, looking for a spiritual awakening then why not have a trip to the ghats of Varanasi and witness the amazing play of lights by the priests, popularly known as Ganga Aarti. You can have a boat ride on the Ganges while witnessing the ritual of lights and watch the devotees float diyas(earthen lamps) on the water that looks beautiful as if it’s a carpet of lamps floating endlessly in the water.
- Local Indian cuisines are a must-try, once in the country of spices. Though every food is a bit too spicy, they are so delicious that you will not be able to stop after having one. Be it the famous pav bhaji of Mumbai, the dosas and coconut milk of Kerala, the various non-veg spicy curries, and a plethora of sweets available in Kolkata, India is a country where you can try several dishes that are lip-smacking delicious.
- If you are a city dweller, tired of all the hustle and bustle, the crowd, and want to have a few days of peace and tranquility then North India also offers might, snow-clad mountains, with pine and oak trees that are a perfect getaway for some serenity and tranquility. The monasteries of Sikkim and Gangtok are also a sight to behold, situated amidst top elevations surrounded just by mist and forests.
- Always wanted to reside amidst the dense forests. Then Bandhavgarh National Reserve at Madhya Pradesh has rustic and cozy tree houses overlooking the lush green forests where you can enjoy some quiet time surrounded by silence, only interrupted by the shrill of birds in the morning and crickets at night. You can also book a tour guide and take a safari through the beautiful forest.
- Another mesmerizing trip you can undertake is Kerala if you love South Indian dishes and want to spend your time on a houseboat cruise amongst the backwaters. Those who want to ditch the usual hotels and resorts and want to live somewhere close to nature can do very well while away their time in the houseboats with coconut trees all around.
- Indian culture and traditions are incomplete without the local people. Hence, once in India, to make your trip even more memorable, have friendly chats with the locals who will tell you numerous stories about folklore and mythology that you must have never heard before and can even spark your curious mind. You will eventually fall in love with the traditions and rituals yourself.
- Lastly, since India is a land of temples with Gods and Goddesses adorning the architecture of every shrine, there are priests at every temple. Many travelers opt to take blessings from these priests as it is known to be quite auspicious when the priest chants a prayer and applies vermilion on your forehead, blessing you with a healthy and prosperous life ahead.
You would not get enough of the country once you step in India as it has so many destinations to offer, giving you a trip of a lifetime. You would want to visit the country, again and again, be it for the gorgeous and picturesque scenery and landscapes or the mighty mountain ranges like the Himalayas or the ancient monuments and ruins where long lost kings ruled once upon a time.
Hence, get your bags ready already and book your next tickets to fly to India and have a wonderful time here, making memories that are to be cherished forever.