India Golden Triangle Tour – The most visited tourist circuit in India
Exploring various places within India helps you in learning a lot about your motherland and proves to be an enriching experience for you. If you are considering visiting different tourist destinations in India, you should start with the Golden Triangle Tour with Varanasi. You can be certain that this is going to be the most inspiring and memorable touring experience of your life.
The Golden Triangle of India – an introduction
The Golden Triangle of India comprises of three beautiful cities – Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. It is a very notable tourist circuit and it connects these three major cities known for their historical significance and touristic activities. These three cities form a triangular shape on the national map and hence, got this name.The tour commences from the national capital and via Agra ends in Jaipur. This excursion is for all those travel lovers, who desire to witness the elegance of Indian history left behind by the Rajputs and the Mughals in the form of magnificent monuments and mausoleums.
Visit Varanasi – The city of vitality:
The Golden Triangle Tour with Varanasi lets you explore this holy and one of the oldest cities in India. This blessed land, also known as Benares, Banaras, and Kashi, becomes even more pious with the presence of Mother Ganga flowing through it. It is considered as the most sacred of the seven holy cities in India, known as ‘Sapta Puri’. This city has long been the renowned center of art, culture, music, and dance. By visiting this city, you will be able to see some of the most beautiful ghats and famous temples in the country. The holy ambiance, the mighty river and its breath taking embankments, the scintillating bazaars and their crowds, the traditional customs, the evening aartis, prayers, and chants make this city unique and different from the rest of the Indian cities. If you want to experience all these then opt for a Varanasi Tour Package and pay a visit to this renowned pilgrimage site.
Make the best utilization of your holidays by traveling:
While traveling to new places, it is best to get an idea of the itinerary beforehand so you can know what to expect from the trip. Here are the list of things you can do and places you can visit in the Golden Triangle Tour with Varanasi:
1. Delhi – an embodiment of the recent and the past
If you love to relive the past, then Delhi is the place you should visit. This historically enriched city carries with it the reminiscence of the glorious past and holds safely all that is left behind by the great rulers, who once ruled over this land. This city breathes history and the remnants of the bygone eras that it embraces, make it one of the most favorite tourist destinations in India.
- Famous places to visit:- The capital territory of India offers you a lot to visit. Both the old and the New Delhi host a number of places that are must-sees for every visitor. You can visit the Mughal-era Red Fort or Lal Quila, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb, Qutub Minar, Chandni Chowk, Jantar Mantar, Lodi Gardens, India Gate, Akshardham Temple, Lotus Temple, Raj Ghat, Parliament House, Rashtrapati Bhavan, secretarial buildings, and many more.
- Things to do in Delhi:– Apart from sightseeing the city, you can spend time in shopping, riding the metro rail, take a morning or evening stroll at the Lodi gardens, eating the delectable street food, etc.
- Popular cuisines:– When you are in Delhi, you can’t miss tasting the popular food items and desserts. The famous eatables include – chaat, samosas, kebabs, paranthas, and various non-veg North Indian dishes.
- Nearby markets:– Chandni ChowkBazar, Chawri Bazar, Spice Market or Khari Baoli, Dilli Haat (Handicraft Village), Connaught Place, Palika Bazar, Sarojini Nagar Market, Lajpat Nagar Market, are some of the famous shopping destinations in Delhi.
- Nearby cities to explore:– Some of the nearest places to Delhi are Agra, Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura, Vrindavan, Jaipur, Shimla, etc
2. Agra – the capital of the Mughal Kingdom
Sitting on the banks of Yamuna, Agra is known to be the capital of the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughals. Founded by Sultan Sikandar of the Lodi Dynasty, Agra is the home to Taj Mahal, the finest specimen of Mughal architecture. There is no dearth of beautiful locales in this city and there is nothing more contenting for a traveler than touring this gorgeous city.
- Major tourist attractions:– The Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Jama Masjid, Tomb of Itimad-Ud-Daulah, Sheesh Mahal, Jahangir Mahal, etc.
- Things to do in Agra:– Shopping, savoring the local dishes, visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, etc.
- Famous food:– Petha, Bhalla, dalmoth, jalebi, shawarma, bedai, Mughlai cuisine, etc.
- Nearby locales to explore:– Buland Darwaza and the Tomb of Salim Chishti in Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura, Vrindavan, Bharatpur, etc.
- Nearby markets:– Sadar Bazaar, Subhash Bazaar, Kinari Bazaar, Raja Ki Mandi, Shahganj Bazaar, TDI Mall, etc., from where you can buy footwear, crafted jewelry, handicraft items, etc.
3. Jaipur – the pink land of the Maharajas:
The home of the Rajputs, this state capital is a must-visit destination when you are out touring the most magnificent cities in the country. It is also the gateway to the state of Rajasthan and its most populous city that is equally loved by the inhabitants and the tourists. Visiting this city will take you to the pages in history and you will soon be lost in the times of the great Rajput kings.
- Major tourist attractions :– Get to witness the finest blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architectural style in the historical establishments in this city like the City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Amer Fort, Jantar Mantar, Nahargarh Fort, Galta Ji or the ‘Monkey Palace’, Nawab Saheb ki Haveli, etc.
- Things to do :–Jeep safari to NahargarhSanctuary, excursion to the Elephant Farm, exploring the nearby villages, boating at Ramgarh Lake, delightful hot air balloon rides, etc.
- Famous delicacies :– Traditional milk sweets, rice with spicy curries, dal baati churma, ghevar, kachori, pakodas, etc.
- Nearby locales to visit :– Ranthambore National Park, Bharatpur National Park, Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary, Alwar, Pushkar, Udaipur, etc.
- Famous shopping destinations :– Johari Bazaar, Bapu Bazaar, Chandpole and Kishanpole Bazaar, Tripolia Bazaar, Nehru Bazaar, Sireh Deori Bazaar, etc. You can buy lac jewelry, handlooms, marble sculptures, handicrafts, etc.
4. Varanasi – the spiritual hub of India:
The colorful, crowded, and cacophonous city that is home to Hindu traditions, culture, and rituals is Varanasi.Every Hindu pilgrim wishes to visit this city at least once in a lifetime.If you want to dip yourself in the holy essence of this city, choose a Varanasi Tour Package and starts your journey.
- Major tourist
attractions :– The city is adorned with a number of spectacular ghats and temples – Dashashwamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Panchganga Ghat, Assi Ghat, and Harishchandra Ghat, Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Durga Temple, Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple, Tibetan Temple, etc., which you can visit if you opt for Varanasi Religious Tour Packages.
- Things to
do :– Explore the ghats, find solace in the evening Ganga aartis, prayers and hymns, visit the Banaras Hindu University Campus, Bharat Kala Bhavan, Garden of Spiritual Wisdom, a boat ride and bathe in the Ganges, visit the weavers’ village, shopping in the local bazaars, etc.
- Nearby places to
visit :– Sarnath, Dhamek Stupa, Chaukhandi Stupa, Vindhyachal, Ramnagar Fort, Gyanvapi Mosque, Chitrakoot, etc.
- Foods to
taste :– The street foods of this city are very famous among the tourists. Kachori Sabzi, dahivada, choora matar, laaiyachana, baati chokha, chaats, malaiyyo, thandai andlassi are some delicacies that you must taste while in this cty.
Varanasi Religious Tour Packages include a thorough excursion of the major temples, ghats, and other religious sites in the city that will add contentment to your touring experience.